Hello and welcome to The Olde English Tea Room! We are pleased to have you dine with us!
Only for parties of 10 or more: Please read the reservation information below. Our Reservation Manager, is available to answer your questions, confirm your choices / reservation and also take your deposit. Feel free to call or email our between 2:30 and 5:00 M-F at (919) 556-6910 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Our full menu can be found by clicking here.
Reservation Agreement and General Information
Welcome, Gift Openings, Table Settings, Crafts, Games, Decorations, Size of Parties, and Signs
- We encourage you to welcome your guests in the front parlor.
- Hats, gloves, and jewelry are available for all of our guests to enjoy during their stay at the Tea Room.
- Due to the size of our rooms at full capacity including staff, we can only host Saturday parties of 10 or more with gift openings at 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.. All other days of the week, gifts are welcome at any time. Please remember to request a gift table if you plan to host a party of 10 or more with gifts. In consideration of all customers, guests are not permitted to wait and stand during gift openings.
- We have 2 dining rooms seating 35 people per room. Parties of 10 or less have reservation for 1 and 1/2 hours, 11 or more have the room for 2 hours.
- All reservations will be seated in a room with other guest. Please see ‘Private Room Policy’ below.
- Due to the size of our tables some small types of name cards or small replacement table decorations are allowed, but must be discussed with a manager prior to the event. Each table has a small centerpiece of flowers.
- We do not allow changing of tablecloths or any kind of crafts, flower arranging, addition of balloons, pictures, wall hangings or ceiling hangings.
- We will do our best to accommodate any food allergies. Please inform your server of special needs.
- Unless you have an after-hours party booked, please do not place signs in or outside the building.
- On Saturdays, there is a $8.50 per person minimum for dining in the restaurant and reservations are not provided for the “Low Tea” menu option for parties of 6 or more.
- Wine, champagne, or sparkling juice may be brought in. We charge a $15 corkage fee per bottle, which includes opening, pouring and serving in individual glasses provided by us. Please make a special note of your desire to add this service.
- Any dessert or food party favor brought in will incur a $2.00 per person fee for all in attendance.
- Although we do have a large offering of gluten free menu items, we cannot guarantee a gluten free kitchen.
- We offer fresh house-baked: Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting, Triple Chocolate Cake, Coconut Cake with White Coconut Frosting, Red Velvet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and a Butterscotch Walnut Pound Cake. All whole cake orders need to be placed 1 week in advance of your party.
- Each cake serves 12 and up to 16 – $55.00-$60.00.
All guests will need a place reserved at a table. Please be sure to include all (chaperones & parents at children’s parties) guests in your headcount. In consideration of all customers, guests are not permitted to wait and stand during gift openings or near their children while the children are dining. All attending guest must order food and meet a $8.50 minimum per person. The Children’s Princess Party Boxes are available at $14.95 and $29.95 ($34.95 includes a “Special Birthday Princess Tiara”). Be sure to request these favors when placing your reservation. For an additional $10 per party, we offer Miss Manners or Mr. Manners presentations to enhance your overall party experience. Please inform our staff if you desire to have this presentation at your party.
Private Room Policy
If you choose to book a private room, your party would be seated in either the Victorian Room (Pink) or the Library Room (Blue) where other customers are not seated. Private room rentals insure you that you can make presentations, play games, bring in pictures have a cake/candy/gift/party table and freely stand to open gifts, address your group etc. These room rentals are available for 2 hour time frames on Saturdays only at 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. and on weekdays (M-F) from 11:00 a.m. with the last booking at 3:00 p.m.. To book a private room requires a firm, headcount minimum of 20 and a maximum of 35 guests in attendance ordering Afternoon or High Tea with a $250.00 private room reservation fee. The private room reservation fee is due with your reservation deposit. Deposits are refundable minus a $10.00 booking fee if cancellation is made 3 weeks prior to the event. Deposit remainders will be refunded to you by check. If the event is cancelled within 20 days of scheduled party date, the cancellation fee is equal to your deposit and there is no refund.
For Reservations of 10 to 14 a 2 Hour Reservation
For groups of 10 or more, if ordering from our Classical Respite portion of the menu, two menu selections are required to be offered to your guests at the time of service. Only one hot dish may be chosen. A 20% gratuity is added to your check total (prior to your $100.00 deposit reduction) as well as taxes on the day of service.
For ALL Parties of 15 or More a 2 Hour Reservation Information & Deposit Policies
- The two packages we have available are the Afternoon Tea and the High Tea. Each of these are offered on a three-tiered server with a variety of 4 petite sandwiches on the bottom, your choice of scone on the middle served with Devonshire Cream, and a variety of 4 petite desserts on the top – per person. Your choice of a pot of tea or another beverage is included. The High Tea also includes a bowl of your choice of soup which would be served as your first course. The four tea sandwiches per person are: chicken pecan salad on croissant, tuna salad on marbled rye, egg salad on white, and cucumber, cream cheese on white. Each guest would have a scone choice which is served with Devonshire cream. The top tier holds four tasty petite desserts. Beverage is included.
- The menu options for parties of 10 or more on Saturdays at 9:00 am are a choice of two of the following: Belgium Waffle, Eggs Benedict, Country Quiche, or Garden Vegetable Quiche, Afternoon Tea, or High Tea with optional Wee Teas.
- For children 10 and younger, Wee Teas per child are $10.95 plus tax and tip is $13.99. The Wee Tea includes a full size sandwich, beverage choice and dessert option of either: 3 chocolate chip cookies, 2 cake balls or for $1.50 more, a Grand Chocolate Cupcake for (the price noted here does not reflect the additional $1.50 for the Grand Chocolate Cupcake).
- Saturday parties of 15 or more are only booked between at 9 a.m. or at 3 p.m. including children’s parties.
- If you would like your party to verbally address your group, shout surprise to your guest of honor, play games or stand during a gift opening, then a room reservation of $250 is mandatory. Please see our Private Room Reservation information above. This is for a courtesy to our other customers who may be seated in the room.
- All deposits must be paid at time of initial reservation through PayPal or over the phone by credit card. The deposit is applied to the final check. Only parties with separate checks may make a deposit by check.
- A 20% gratuity is added to your check total (prior to your $100.00 deposit reduction) as well as taxes on the day of service.
- Deposits are refundable minus a $10.00 booking fee if cancellation is made 3 weeks prior to the event. Deposit remainders will be refunded to you by check. If you paid your deposit with a check the check would be returned to you.
- If the event is cancelled within 20 days of scheduled party date, the cancellation fee is equal to your deposit. There is no refund.
- If your group event requires separate checks, your deposit must be paid via check to be held until the day of the party. If your party fails to attend, the deposit check will be cashed. There is no refund.
- A final headcount must be called in the Monday prior to the event. Parties will be billed according to this final headcount. At your request, we will gladly package your food to go for any missing guests.
Our Reservation Manager, is available to answer your questions, confirm your choices / reservation and also take your deposit by phone at The Tea Room, M-F from 2:30-5:00 or any time by email: email@example.com. If you leave us a message we will respond to each inquiry within 24 hours M-F.
Parking, Hours, Closings and Events
Normal business hours: Monday to Friday – 11:00-5:00 Saturday – 9:00-5:00 Sunday – Closed. Please Note – We are closed to observe the following holidays: January 1, July 4, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving Eve & Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. For your convenience click on this icon to see a map of the Wake Forest downtown area with parking. There is a loading zone directly across the street from us in front of “White Street Brewery” available for our customers to drop off their guests/gifts and then find parking. Parking is available for our customers behind the Fidelity bank on Saturday’s only. Here is the Community Calendar for the Town of Wake Forest. They often host a variety of family friendly events with street closings such as: Mardi Gras, Meet in the Street, The Easter Egg Hunt, Dirt Days, The Charity Classic Car Show, Beach Night on White, The Christmas Parade and Friday Night on White during the spring and summer months. Thank you for choosing The Olde English Tea Room. We look forward to serving you at your special event!